Rules and Regulations
All persons and organizations requesting ground space must complete the application form and submit it to the following address:
Royal St. John's Regatta
Attn: Ground Space
P.O. Box 214
St. John's, NF A1C 5J2
at the Boathouse, Quidi Vidi Lake
Telephone (709) 576-8921
Deadline for receipt of the application is July 8, 2016.
All persons and organizations wishing to rent ground space during the 2016 Regatta are advised of the following conditions which apply to such rentals. Concessionaires are encouraged to review the rules and regulations, below. Please note that some of these rules have been amended for the 2016 Regatta.
- Concessionaires from the 2015 Regatta will have the first right of refusal to last year's location provided the application is received by the deadline date.
- Concessionaires are NOT permitted to provide live animals as prizes.
- All applications will be date stamped and new concessionaires will be placed in the order their applications are received.
- All applications will be accepted.
- The exact location of your concession within the zone is at the discretion of the Regatta Committee.
- Concessionaires should review the Provincial Department of Justice regulations concerning gaming concessions and the Provincial Department of Health regulations for food concessions. For information please contact Department of Justice Lotteries Licensing - Telephone 729-2660 or Department of Health - 729-6362.
- Permits will not be issued to individuals, organizations or non-profit groups conducting a lottery unless they are in possession of a lottery license issued by the Department of Justice.
- A separate application form for each concession is required.
- Wheeled vehicles are not permitted as concessions on grassed area during Regatta Day, except as agreed by the Ground Space Committee Director.
- Generators used by concessions must not be noisy or located in an area that proves hazardous to the public.
- The Regatta Committee CANNOT guarantee that concessionaires will be in the exact location as previous years; concessionaires will be in the general area.
- Concessionaires are responsible for cleaning their own ground space area, providing trashcans, etc.
- Concessionaires must remain stationary.
- Parking Permits will NOT be issued to concessionaires.
- The Regatta Committee is not responsible for booths left unattended or damaged.
- Cash prizes are not allowed for Games of Chance, except with Crown and Anchor, which can only be operated by a Charitable Organization.