The year 2013 will mark the 50th running of the Placentia Regatta. Even though the Regatta itself is only 50 years old, the sport of rowing in the Placentia area has been around for well over 100 years. Back in 1877 a determined group of Placentia fishermen carried their boat on their backs to St. John's, won the Championship and carried their boat back home. This tremendous feat was replicated in 1977 by the Placentia Lions who carried a boat to St. Johns and won the Championship. It marked the second straight year that the Lions Crew had won the Triple Crown of Rowing, meaning they had won the mens senior Championship in all three fixed-seat rowing Regattas (Placentia, Harbour Grace and St. John's.)
2013 Placentia Regatta - Rescheduled for Saturday August 3
- Registration St. John's crews -Monday, July 1, 7-8 pm at the St. John's Boathouse
- Draw for boats & stakes - Tuesday, July 9, 7-8 pm at the Placentia boathouse
- Regatta Day (Rescheduled) - Saturday, August 3, 2013
- Opening Ceremonies - July 19, 2013
- Registration is $175 for Senior and Intermediate; and $125 for Juvenile, Junior, Midget and Squirt. Crews can obtain waivers and registration forms at the Royal St. John's Regatta Boathouse.
Placentia Rowing Club Inc.
Box 1, Site 1
Past Results for the Placentia Regatta: